Thursday, November 20, 2003

Thoughts

1. Jason and Christy's wedding....
2. Having Blake in town....
3. My grandmother's death....
4. Processing through "About a Boy"......
5. Last week's illness and subsequent tiredness......
6. Playing with Jude and Sutton......
7. The music of Johnny Cash, particulary "Sunday Morning Coming Down,"....
8. My fatigue, weariness, and grief....
9. Conversations with Tim....
10. Contemplation......
11. Unwilling isolation....


have all converged on my life at the same time, making me realize many things about myself. namely-- i am a very emotional, sensitive person who feels deep thoughts-- close your eyes while singing type thoughts, about people and ideas, that i tend to think are best kept hidden from full view of those i love. but the reality is it does me, nor those around me, any good to leave them guessing about who i am and where i stand.

-and-

all the good stuff we say we believe about God really is true. unapologetically, un ironically, un cynically, true.

No comments: