Sunday, November 30, 2003

November is Over
Now that I'm done preaching, I feel like everything tomorrow goes back to normal. Nothing big going on. Just work and the everyday, ordinary, living of life.

It's been an eventful month. Tons of stuff thrown my way this past month. The wedding, the funeral, the sermon, the sickness, Thanksgiving, friendship issues. Even though I've grown a lot, learned a lot, and experienced a lot, I'm quite ready for things to get back to normal.... all the while being open to the small moments of grace that God throws my way.

The Reception
I never got a chance to mention the wedding reception. I was in charge of most of the food. It was at UBC. It was wonderful. Literally the most joy-filled time I've had in many, many years. Everyone danced... no one sat on the sidelines, which is normally my tendency during times like that. I made this corny comment to Blake, but it was so fucking true... I'd never in my life been in a room that contained more love than at that moment. It was so true. Euphoric. Life-giving. I truly think times like those are glimpses of heaven. All the story without the conflict. It is just another thing I will take with me during the dull times to remember the possibilities of love.

No comments: