Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Tragedy...

Just after I finished the previous light-hearted post, I checked CNN.com and found out about the tragedy in Minnesota with the bridge collapsing. Which reminded me of something else... if you are a praying person, please keep a particular family in mind tonight...

A few years ago I wrote THIS POST about the early stages of experiencing community through church. A couple who were characters in the post was Elbert and Mildred Thorn. My mother called me this morning to tell me that Elbert was killed yesterday, along with his niece, in a terrible wreck that happened on the Lake Palestine bridge, just south of Chandler. Mildred was also in the wreck and is not doing well, and, from what I understand, has not heard of Elbert's death. Please keep her and the rest of the Thorn family in your prayers, if you do that sort of thing. If not, please think about them. Elbert was a kind and gentle soul and comforted you with his presence.

(You can read the story about the accident HERE.)

All the more reason to laugh and love and take each other a little more seriously...and to catch up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your friends are in our prayers... your post about home church was so sweet - I felt like I was there and have a perfect visual of the Thorns enjoying church supper.