Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I've felt like the jilted lover of a weather forecast that keeps promising change but doesn't deliever. Today, however, I was surprised. I left the house to walk Jane around 5:00, and by 5:45 the cold front finally came, and it was really (somewhat) cold. The last few "cold fronts" have been nothing more than not-quite-as-hot fronts.

But tonight I feel free to feel again. Weather has this affect on me, especially at the tale end of a season. I've been walking around like a zombie for the past few weeks, stuck in a heat I can't get out of. But tonight the pajama pants come out.

Soon and very soon, camping.

2 comments:

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

A prayer I often offer

Storm Halting God,

Please help me understand why anyone ever decided civilization could exist this far south. I know your ways are not our ways.

Lord, hell is a difficult reality to come to terms with. Thanks for giving me such a poignant reminder to follow you so I can avoid this for all eternity.

So today God we pray that you are glorified with this God-honoring weather. Keep the 90+ degree demons at bay as you display Wisconsin-esque glory.

thank you for this northern mercy.

your faithful missionary to the south:)

jenA said...

why, why would you let someone get away with calling Texas the S-word on your blog?
It is not. Not Not. It is Texas. It might be geographically south of several thousand mercilessly milked cows and scores of cheese-hat heads, but culturally and politically it is part of the Southwest. Spiritually, it is simply Texas. And believe me, midwestern readers, there are enough climate zones in this state to make an Eskimo want to marry a Zulu princess and settle down somewhere in Loving County.