Thursday, April 29, 2004

Putting it off a little longer......

I'm getting to a point where I realy want to write something but I can't get motivated to "push through."

It's frustrating.

Maybe someone should kick me. Or give me a deadline.

Very frustrating.

I want to respond to the article about UBC in the Iconoclast. I have the words, but not the motivation.

Maybe right now I should talk about what's been going on.

Nothing, really. I work and read and watch reruns of Friends.

My mom's retiring at the end of next month. So I'm sure she'll be here more often now. Maybe you can meet her. Her name is Pansy. Go ahead, laugh. She doesn't know it's funny, so it won't hurt her feelings.

Her name really is Pansy.

Maybe I should write everything in this style.

Tomorrow I work from 7-4.

Did I mention I kind of have a date, sort of, tomorrow night?

I kind of have a date, sort of, tomorrow night.

I got about 1/2 of the way in "Eventide." Really enjoyed it, but quit suddenly.

One of my favorite new people is Matt Singleton. He's very cool.

He's not really new. I've just talked to him more over the past few months. I think he's 20 or something.

I'm almost 30.

I've lost 10 pounds in the past couple of months.

Erin Davis, Daniel from work, and Tim are the only people who've noticed. But it's ok. I'm not a girl.

Saturday I may go to Dallas with Tim to take his sister and brother and law to the airport and then hang out in Dallas.

We might go to a bar in Deep Ellum.

That would be cool.

Did y'all know that Jordan's godfather spent last weekend in Camp David with the President and Condi?

I'm two people removed from the W. and Condi.

I want to start writing the Nash family history, but it seems too daunting.

In the next room are people watching the next to the last friends.

I watched it already tonight.

Ate lunch today with Kyle. Had a wonderful conversation, as usual.

Myles, have I ever mentioned to you that your writing is so good, and I'm so intimidated that I feel oppressed reading your stuff?

Sometimes I daydream about a party in which all of my friends from all the places and periods of my life were there. Chandler, Lindale, Marshall, Abilene, Waco, Washington, Dallas, and other places.

At some point someone will ask another, "So, how do you know Craig?" At which point the other will tell how they know me. Then a converation will ensue... "Yeah, he told me about you."

And then everyone would become friends.

And it would all center around me.

I also daydream sometimes that someone is making a documentary of my life.

The scene from today would have been me singing Toby Keith's "Whiskey Woman" at the top of my lungs in the car going to pay the fee on my returned check at the H-E-B check place.

That last sentence expressed my vulneralbilities on many levels.

I hope you noticed.

Hint-- I'm broke and extremely horrible with money.

But I've got money to pay rent tomorrow, Tom. So don't worry.

I'll probably cry at the last friends.

There were many people in the house for the last "Ed." If it weren't so, I'm serious I would have doubled over on the floor and cried my eyes out.

I loved you all dearly on that night.

When Ed was talking about the people he loved I was thinking about the people I love.

Many of them were in the room with me.

Jason, Christy.... I thought about y'all.

Jason, you're also one of the coolest people I know.

This stream of consciousness shit is cool. I feel like I'm on a drug.

Jesus is my drug.

One day I'll have kids. I can't wait.

I think the people who wrote that stuff about UBC in the Iconoclast probably don't have people that care about them enough.

They need a hug.

No, they need to watch all four seasons of "Ed." That would give them a heart.

Should I end this now?

I work tomorrow at seven. Then I have three days off.

Then I'll write a more conventional blog.

Until then, know that I really care for all of you who read my blog.

I care for other people, but they won't know this by this medium.

No comments: