Thursday, December 04, 2003

I was driving home from the store today, listening to Lonestar's cover of "Walking in Memphis," with my windows rolled down, singing as loud as I possibly could, nice cool breeze, doing the wave with my hand out the window (don't laugh, you know you do it to,) and I thought to myself how happy I am that, even though November was wonderful, I'm glad it's over and I'm back to some sense of normalcy. But then I thought it's just when I say that that something abnormal will happen.

I'm up at the church around 4:30, finished cleaning the kitchen and getting ready for Philapooza, a concert our church community is putting on to help raise money to support Phil Shepard, one of the coolest, most interesting people I know- who is working as a community pastor for a new church in Austin. I'm taking a break, everyone else is gone, to play video games in Ben's office. As I'm walking there I see a plate of cookies on the desk and thought "Hmm, that cookie would be good to eat while I'm kicking ass at Mario Kart." So I sit down to play, bite into the cookie, and break a crown off of one of my molars. It scared the shit out of me, since I haven't had tooth problems in years. Luckily there is a filling under there and it should be ok until I can go back to Brownsboro to my dentist next Thursday. I was embarassed calling for an appointment, since I haven't been in over ten years. Oh well, what are you going to do?

No comments: