Wednesday, October 31, 2007

JBD...

Brandon was a resident in Feagin Hall at ETBU when I was the director. We always had a good cordial acquaintance, but were mainly friends through Robert. Brandon was, and is, one of the funniest people I know and a better person to be around would be hard to find. One of the greatest things about the past couple of months is that Brandon is now my neighbor. I discovered he moved to Waco then later discovered he lives two door down. Fate, and a little bit of romance brought him to Waco. The romance ended, but he's still around and for that I'm grateful.

One thing a lot of people don't know is that Brandon is an amazing writer. The quote below is from his "About Me" section on his Facebook and MySpace. Hope you enjoy...
_______________________________________________________________

When I was younger I had it all; fame, fortune, good looks, popularity, power, and prestige. My life was good. I was the envy of all my friends. But I had one dark secret that loomed over me like the ominous grey skies of a cold rainy mid-winter day. I knew that if that secret ever got out, it would be my downfall. So, I vowed to guard it with my life. As a result, I could never let anyone get too close. People tried, but every time I felt threatened I would cut them off. I was a vicious heart breaker. My love life stayed in constant turmoil. But then one day, I met a girl who loved me so completely, so freely, that I felt compelled to share my burden with her. I was tired of living a double life, of constantly hiding in the shadows, lying to protect myself. I wanted to come clean and start a new life; quit running, maybe settle down. But I never got that chance. At the end of the year, the girl I loved suddenly moved away. I was devastated. I didn't understand. We were young lovers, perhaps too young. I longed to go after her, the only true happiness I’d ever known, but there was nothing I could do. After all, we were both just in third grade. I never got to tell her….that I still wet the bed.
______________________________________________________________________

Yep, that's Brandon.

No comments: