Monday, June 02, 2008

hereiamiamhere...

this post will be truncated sentences. read not into change of style. i'm just lazy.

several weeks without television or internet. nice. nicer than originally anticipated. like a monastic retreat in the middle of my life, the silence and freedom is liberating.

something new-- i'm (re)beginning seminary in the fall. Truett. (I'm now too Waco to leave Waco.) the hardest thing about going back to school? all the damn passwords I have to remember. between work, school, personal stuff, there are literally dozens of passwords. this morning spent trying to remember Baylor passwords. exhausting.

another something new-- the new house is amazing. jane loves it as much as i. i now own a dining room table. officially an adult.

finally finished leif enger's new book. slightly disappointing, but good nonetheless.

an estimated 61.545% of my married friends are pregnant, and i am officially 100% happy about this fact.

i am currently reading-- 1. the acts of the apostles, 2. amazing grace: a vocabulary of faith by kathleen norris, 3. maximum city (forgot name of author,) about bombay india.

internet deprivation won't be permanent, so look for more regular posts (in complete, semi-well-formed sentences) mid-summer.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Going back to seminary, eh?

What's that all about? How'd you come to that decision?

I thought you swore not to go back...

Aaron said...

I'm with Cory, except for the fact that I never knew you had gone to seminary before. What's going on in your life? (And tell me a little about your past seminary experience).

Unknown said...

Aaron,

I think to link to your blog, but wasn't allowed...no invitation.

What do I have to do to get one of those?

Candace Shaw said...

I wish you well at Truett. I hope it goes better second time around. I loved going to Truett so I hope you have the same experience. My advice--take lots of classes with Dr. olson and Dr. Gloer!!!

Aaron said...

Cory,

Were you trying to link to my blogspot page? If so, I have made the contents of that page private. If you're curious as to my reasoning for that, send me an email and I will explain.

For now, I am blogging at fenderpooh.wordpress.com. I don't think you should have any trouble linking to it.

Anonymous said...

hey...if you get this we are having trouble calling out, but wanted to check on june bug, we also cant figure out this spanish keyboard!

Craig said...

tom and beth,
she's doing fine. i was a little worried this morning because it took her a little motivation to eat, but this evening she scarfed her food down like normal. she also has much more energy now than when I left for work this morning.

Aaron said...

Hmmm...

Should I use my powers of invisibility for good or for evil?

myleswerntz said...

Always for evil.

Glad to hear about Truett. I'd love to hear about it over tacos sometime.