Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Southpaw...

Of all the historic things about this election, the one thing that I noticed about tonight's Democratic debate was at the end. When Obama and Clinton were signing autographs I realized that Barack is left-handed. This excited me as I, too, am a part of the blessed few who know about ink stained pinky fingers and the injustices of where rings and spirals are placed on notebooks.

My intrigue caused me to do a little research. What I found was astounding. Of all the presidents who have been in office during my lifetime-- Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush-- only two were NOT left handed. The two you ask? Carter and W. Bush, considered by many to be the two worst, if not the two most unpopular during their terms.

The moral? While many factors are in play, you should always lean toward the lefty.

Oh, by the way... John McCain is left-handed as well:)

3 comments:

Jason said...

"lean toward the lefty..."

So you are voting democrat this year.

Craig said...

Jason,
Did you not read the rest of the post?
Craig.

Jason said...

Of course I did. But I also caught subtle message you were trying to send all of us with that line...the message that you cleverly hid with the rest of the post.

I'm on to you.