Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Just finished watching the ETBU chapel online. My old friend Jason Fortenberry was preaching, so I thought I'd give it a look.

So many things change, but some stay the same. I am different than I was a couple of years ago. I know that, but watching the chapel made me realize how drastically different I am. There was a time when all that worship music did it for me, but not this time. I can't live with those answers anymore. I can't live with the false assumption that all the world understands what I'm talking about. Too many cliche's. Too many people trying to legitimize their lives by copying the words and feelings of others. Not enough creativity.

But despite all, I was greatly moved by two things: seeing Jason preach, and hearing "Because He Lives." I miss him and I miss hymns. I only spent a year getting to know Jason, but he is someone I admire. The hymns are my heritage, a part of who I am.

No comments: